Paul Bosch Scholarship
The Paul Bosch Scholarship was established to provide an educational opportunity annually to a Council Grove High School senior pursuing a college degree, in memory of Paul Bosch.
He graduated from Council Grove High School in 1948 and from the College of Emporia with a degree in Business Administration in 1952. Two months later, after officer candidate school, he received his commission in the U.S. Navy, along with a set of orders to the USS Albuquerque in the Far East doing convoy duty and patrolling up and down both sides of the Korean Peninsula. A year later, he returned to the states and married his college sweetheart Janis Irving. They lived in San Francisco for a year where he served the balance of his Navy Active Duty.
In 1953, he then started his business career, involving owning and operating the retail Furniture Store for more than 35 years. He also owned coin operated Laundromats, was involved in farming and cattle management, real estate, oil and gas drilling, hardware and other numerous businesses.
His community involvement included serving on numerous boards such as School Board, Savings and Loans, Morris County Industrial Development (over 30 years), Chamber of Commerce President and board, Church and Council Grove area foundations, and the Rotary Club (received Paul Harris Award).
• Deadline for scholarship applications is April 1, 2020.
• Refer to criteria below for eligibility and list of documents needed (i.e., transcript, high school resume, introductory letter).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Please type application, illegible applications will not be considered.
• The Scholarship recipient will be announced at the Council Grove High School Awards Ceremony on May 13, 2020.
• The Scholarship recipient must provide evidence of enrollment before scholarship funds will be distributed. Scholarships will be mailed directly to the recipient’s educational institution.
• Applicant must be a current registered, graduating senior at Council Grove Senior High.
• Applicant must be entering a full-time college program or currently enrolled in a full-time college program.
• Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with a permanent resident ID card or current passport.
• Applicant must include a copy of an official CGHS or college transcript including cumulative GPA.
• Applicant must include a high school resume.
• Applicant must include a one-page letter explaining their goals, career plans, financial need, and any other information you want the scholarship selection committee to consider.
Applications are due by April 1, 2020
Council Grove Area Foundation
C/O Paul Bosch Scholarship
PO BOX 137
Council Grove, KS 66846