top of page


Your giving options at the 

Council Grove Area Foundation

Your philanthropic goals are a priority for us.  We can put your vision into action today or make a plan for the future.  The choice is yours.  We accept an array of assets including cash and non-cash gifts of appreciated securities, real estate, life insurance, privately held stock and gifts of your locally harvested crops. If giving is in your future, we also accept deferred gifts such as retirement plans, 401(k) plans, life insurance and proceeds from the sale of a property.

Cash or Check

A gift of cash or check is the simplest way to give. Please make your check payable to Council Grove Area Foundation and note the name of the fund that should receive your contribution in the memo line.


Mail your check to:


Council Grove Area Foundation

PO BOX  137

Council Grove, KS 66846-0137



IRA Charitable Rollover                    

The IRA Charitable Rollover is now a permanent provision of the Tax Code, allows people age 70½ and older to make direct transfers totaling up to $100,000 per year to qualified charities, without having to count the transfers as income for federal income tax purposes.

Planned Gifts

You can leave a legacy or add to an existing fund by including the Council Grove Area Foundation in your will or living trust. Many individuals choose to create a charitable legacy through a planned or estate gift. When you make a commitment to strengthen your community, today or in the future, it can be one of the most meaningful and lasting decisions you can make.
A planned gift to the Council Grove Area Foundation provides:
  • Peace of mind that your hard-earned assets will be used according to your wishes
  • A charitable legacy that reflects your values and interests
  • Opportunity for your children or grandchildren to carry on a tradition of giving
  • You may also support causes of importance to you, or allow the Council Grove Area Foundation to meet the most pressing needs of Council Grove and surrounding areas​​

Retirement Plan Assets

A retirement plan is one of the best types of assets to transfer to a charity because it produces taxable income. Most assets an heir inherits are free from income tax. However, an heir will pay income tax on disbursements from a decedent's retirement plan such as a profit-sharing plan, Section 401(k) plan or IRA. If you are going to make a charitable bequest, it is usually better to transfer the taxable assets subject to income tax to a tax-exempt charity — such as a community foundation — and to transfer the assets not subject to income tax to heirs.

Life Insurance Beneficiaries

If you don’t have liquid assets right now but want to support a favorite charity, a gift of life insurance may be a good option. While you retain ownership of the policy, there is no charitable deduction for the value of the policy when you designate the Council Grove Area Foundation as the beneficiary or for subsequent insurance premiums. However, proceeds payable to the Council Grove Area Foundation at your death will not be subject to federal estate taxes.
We encourage you to work with your lawyer, CPA or financial advisor as you consider these options.  ​
PayPal ButtonPayPal Button
bottom of page