Sorenson Family Scholarship
The Sorenson Family Scholarship was established to provide an educational opportunity to a local High School graduate that is currently in their first or second year of college. Higher education served Mr. Sorenson well and he wishes to "pay back" for the financial assistance he received when he needed it the most.
• Deadline for scholarship applications is April 1, 2020.
• Refer to criteria below for eligibility and list of documents needed (i.e., transcript, high school resume, introductory letter).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Please type application, illegible applications will not be considered.
• The Scholarship recipient will be announced in May.
• The Scholarship recipient must provide evidence of enrollment before scholarship funds will be distributed.
• Scholarships will be mailed directly to the recipient’s educational institution.
• Applicant must be a registered graduating senior from Council Grove High School or White City High School.
• Applicant must be currently enrolled as a full-time college student.
• Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with a permanent resident ID card or current passport.
• Applicant must include a copy of an official High School and college transcript (if applicable).
• Applicant must include a high school resume and college resume.
• Applicant must include a one-page letter explaining their goals, career plans, financial need, and any other information you want the scholarship selection committee to consider.
• Applicant must provide the first 2 pages of their mother and fathers tax return.
• Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
Applications are due by April 1, 2020.
Council Grove Area Foundation
C/O Sorenson Family Scholarship
PO BOX 137
Council Grove, KS 66846